I have had the honor of teaching about peace in my women’s Bible class at Bering Drive Church of Christ. Today’s blog includes two videos (30 minutes in all) from the third day of the four week series. We explored capacities that transcend violence and create peace. The four week series, “Peace Talks,” explores the practices that create a civil society and an environment that honors peaceful communication. “Peace Talks” focuses in on virtues, calming tools, and the work of peace mediators throughout the world.
- John Paul Lederach: The Art of Peace
- Greg Boyle, The Calling of Delight
- Rami Nashashibi, A New Coming Together
- Example of prayers to explore with prayer beads
- Barbara Brown Taylor, An Altar in the World